The charitable objects (intentions) of the Bupa Foundation are interpreted in the aims to fund:
Implementation of translational and action orientated research-based solutions, which:
- drive tangible action to prevent or alleviate chronic disease or the adverse elements of ageing, and to promote wellbeing
- lead to the sustained uptake of healthy lifestyles
- measurably improve public health to a significant degree
And/or research which leads to the development of such solutions.
Projects should contribute to at least one of the Foundation's aims and at least one of the following objectives:
- achieving sustained behaviour changes in relation to smoking, diet, physical activity and/or alcohol consumption
- facilitating wellbeing and preventing mental ill health
- improving patient decision-making through, for example, shared decision-making interventions
- improving the design of community health activities by using new technologies to cost-effectively organise and interpret health outcome data
All research funded under this heading should have the potential to improve health outcomes at a population-level as well as reducing health inequalities.
Population groups of particular interest, although not exclusive, are: young children and families, and older adults. Intervention settings might include workplaces as well as educational establishments.
Areas for funding are not intended to be exclusive of each other.
Click here to apply for a grant.