On 11 October 2012, the Bupa Foundation held its free annual seminar at One Wimpole Street, home of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Future focused health
11 October 2012, 1.30pm to 5.15pm
The aim of the seminar is to promote the Bupa Foundation funding available for research towards a healthier society. We invited leaders in this work to expand on current ideas through masterclass talks. We aim to inspire researchers to design the excellent projects needed to make a real difference to public health in future and to talk to us about funding them.
Speakers for this event included:
- Dr David Pencheon, Director of the NHS Sustainable Development Unit (Keynote speaker). Watch a video of this talk.
- Dr David Ogilvie, UKCRC Centre for Diet and Activity Research (CEDAR), MRC Epidemiology Unit, Cambridge. Watch a video of this talk.
- Dr Simon Griffin, Assistant Unit Director, MRC Epidemiology Unit, Cambridge. Watch a video of this talk.
- Gordon Glenday, Head of Planning Policy and Regeneration, London Borough of Waltham Forest. Watch a video of this talk.
- Professor Graham MacGregor, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine and Honorary Consultant Physician at St George's Hospital, London. Watch a video of this talk.
- Professor Ann McNeill, Professor in Health Policy and Promotion, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, University of Nottingham